From Sen. Mitch
McTurtleMcConnell’s official Facebook page.
Please tell me how background checks infringe on your right to own a gun unless you are going to fail said background check.
Head over to Facebook if you want some, er, interesting commentary. There’s many people calling him out as well.
Personally, I find this disgusting to gloat about, particularly when there were a majority of votes — just not two-thirds, because the Congressional GOP believes in BREAK EVERYTHING, ACCEPT NOTHING as strategy — and the American public overwhelmingly supports background checks.
You know who else does? NRA spokesman Wayne LaPierre — or at least Wayne LaPierre did in 1999 when he testified before Congress:
And there’s more. Here’s other things Wayne LaPierre thought were reasonable in 1999:
- “We think it’s reasonable to provide for instant checks at gun shows just like at gun stores and pawn shops.”
- “We think it’s reasonable to prosecute more than just two dozen thugs last year for putting illegal guns in criminals’ hands.”
- “For a century we’ve taught it’s not just reasonable but essential to use safety locks, trigger locks, gun safes or any voluntary means appropriate to keep firearms out of the wrong hands.”
- “We think it’s reasonable to make gun show instant checks just like gun store instant checks.”
- “We think it’s reasonable to demand strict prosecution of criminal activity, whether it takes place in a big-city alleyway or small town gun show.”
- “We think it’s reasonable to provide full funding for the National Instant Check System so it operates efficiently and instantly.”
- “We think it’s reasonable to expect our government to prosecute more than 24 hoods last year for providing guns to criminals.”
- “We think it’s reasonable to support the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act.”
Gosh, Wayne, you’d sound just like a gun-grabbing liberal if you hadn’t have changed your tune! </sarcasm>
Perhaps Sen. McConnell’s has 19,000 reasons to be obstinate. In 2012, McConnell received $19,000 from the NRA — the highest amount donated to any member of Congress. Period.
Of course, that’s assuming McConnell has feelings…
get in losers we’re going hetero-crushing
I needed this just for the lulz
How can people call out gay people and accuse them of sexual perversion, but when priests and coaches and performing sexual acts with children, they can’t bother to open their mouths and stop them?! How can you outright accuse gay people of their sins, but when it comes to child abuse you look the other way and let it happen. This is not okay! Since when do you have the right to judge people. Last I checked, the Bible says that God is the only one with that power. The same Bible that says treat others with respect no matter what they’re sins. This is not okay.
Barack Obama signs executive actions to curb gun violence as Vice President Joe Biden and invited guests look on in Washington, DC. President Obama Wednesday signed 23 executive actions to curb gun violence and demand Congress pass an assault weapons ban and other sweeping measures in response to the Newtown massacre. More
Photograph: Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images
Since when does Bill O’Reilly support decriminalization of anything?
Some gun nut won’t let Piers talk, even though he has in own show where he can spew his bullshit.